Arnica cream

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has anyone who has had ankle surgery used arnica cream and is it any good

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would be interested to know this as well. I am 3 weeks post op and still in a lot of pain, burning type pain.  Still taking opioids for it and hope that there is something out here that can help me so I don’t have to rely on them so much,  
    • Posted

I had my surgery in January just gone back to work I'm walking without any crutches still get pains some days are worse then others I'm a bit late starting pt as they were busy, I got told the cream is good for swelling

• Posted

So glad that you are back to work and seem to be healing well. I have heard good things about the arnic cream in regards to burning type pain, inflammation and even itching. I guess it is worth a chance to try it.  Like you, i was wanting to hear from others how it works. I should be starting PT in about 3 weeks. Not looking forward to it.
    • Posted

Iam going private for pt now tjen8nhs one showed me what to do drew some pictures and sacome back in 5 weeks
  • Posted

Hi, yes I swear by arnica cream and tablets. I’ve been using neals yard arnica salve and massaging foot while applying. 

Usually morning and night. 

Then I have tried comfrey oil for massaging foot after exercises.

And before icing and elevating!! 

Plus I have been using a calendula and zinc cream for the scars / wounds and some thin skin on top of foot from the cast rubbing.  

So a mixture ! But my Physio (2nd session) said she very impressed with how my ankle is progressing since she last saw me. 

I’m really loving the icing and compression from the air cast cryo ankle ... best £90 I have ever spent. Bought from amazon. It brings swelling down and numbs foot brilliantly! 

Hope this is of some help. 

Speedy recovery 

Sue 

• Posted

Glad that you have had some success with it. My husband just picked some up for me this evening. So I will see. My foot is still mostly numb on the bottom and the toes so it is hard to get it moving and massage at this point is very painful.   I have a horribly heavy black aircast that I am supposed to wear  all the time.  I think it makes it worse when I wear it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.