arranged taxi for esa assessement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi can anyone tell me what happens once they approve you for a taxi to take you to the assessement test , am i contacted before the date as to when i am being picked up ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi lilmama,

You can get travel costs paid back into your bank account. Bring the details with you to the assessment and the receptionist will help you fill in a claim form.

This means you need to bring all receipts that to get during the journey to the ESA Assessment.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

do i need to pay for it myself then get compensated ? because i dont have that kind of money
    • Posted

sorry the letter said charged to their account
    • Posted

I'm not too sure about ESA Assessments and Public Transport.

But in the past when I have to book coach tickets for myself and carer and additional buses. We had to pay upfront, it was reimbursed when we reached the hospital.

I'm not sure if the DWP do this the same way, or different. What I put above came direct from the CAB website.

• Posted

I would imagine you would be contacted.

Good luck with it all.

Let me know how you get on

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.