Arrogant doctor no help !

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone had trouble getting doctors to listen to you ? My problem is that i have been in hospital with heart palpitatons and have been told that although scary they are only atrial ectopics albeit bad ones. This i accepted and duly took my meds ie beta blockers and bp tablets. However i have passed out twice recently and been to see my gp. He is convinced it is just Anxiety related and refuses to give me other tests . Recently he was very rude and told me to stop visiting the surgery so much . Now i feel ill AND angry .can he do this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It looks like you need to get more tests done. Have you tried seeing another doctor? Are you in the US or UK? As long as you have insurance, most of the time it should not be a problem to switch to another gp...

• Posted

Hi suzanbel238 thanks for your reply. I am in uk and going to see another dr . Thanks !
  • Posted

Hi Andrew, Sorry to hear about this trouble you are having. If possible, it may be helpful to get a second opinion from another doctor at another hospital. You need to be followed by a doctor who believes you. I know it is difficult to deal with some doctors. They are not all the same. So consider working toward finding a doctor you are more comforatable with.  Check your diet to see if you are getting too much caffeine which may aggravate your situation. Carefully study the side effects of the drugs you are taking. Tell a doctor if you are having side effects. Sometimes it takes a while to adjust to new medication and the side effects are more pronounced in the beginning for several weeks. But if things don't get better with medication, you definitely need to discuss that with your doctor. I hope you find a doctor, or doctors, who can help you. Wishing you the very best. Feel better!
  • Posted

Hi Andrew

I know what you mean. I actually registered with a new practice because I got fed up with the way my old doctor treated me.

Consequently, my new doctor is female and quite often I see female consultants and other doctors.

They listen.......

All the best.

Kev  (UK)  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.