Arteritis in hand/wrist and arm.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I may have already sent this message?

Trying to find a way to alleviate pain in above.

Just started taking tumeric,and it seems to be partly effective,but would appreciate if someone has a better alternative.

I have looked at copper /magnets,but it appears that large studies have been done ,with very poor results.

Thank you all and stay safe!

regards, Richard

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gentle wrist exercises with stretches can help a lot with pain, lots of yoga and physio advice on YouTube. Wrap up warm too.

• Posted

i have avoided surgery in both hands for over 6 years by doing the following.

wearing arthritis compression gloves.....instant pain relief

PRP injections. Platelet Rich Plasma...gives three months pain releif but expensive.

microcurrents. available in pharmacies. two electrodes attatched at night gives good pain relief.

combination D3 and vitamin K2 mark 4 . there is only one brand with sufficiently high K2 dose. PM me for details.

tumeric.

or combination of above.

avoid surgery at all costs.

• Posted

i have avoided surgery in both hands for over 6 years by doing the following.

wearing arthritis compression gloves.....instant pain relief

PRP injections. Platelet Rich Plasma...gives three months pain releif but expensive.

microcurrents. available in pharmacies. two electrodes attatched at night gives good pain relief.

combination D3 and vitamin K2 mark 4 . there is only one brand with sufficiently high K2 dose. PM me for details.

tumeric.

or combination of above.

avoid surgery at all costs.

• Edited

I have taken glucosamine for many years. I was diagnosed with OA when I was forty, but I believe I had some before that, especially in my neck and feet. I took the recommended dose for some time and thought it was unhelpful but a friend of mine told me her husband took double. So then I doubled my dose. I know studies show it doesn't work. I believe this is because it is a long term treatment which helps to slow the progression of arthritis. (I assume you mean arthritis, not arteritis, which is a different disorder). It is not a painkiller and does not work quickly.

So I take twice a day 1000 mg glucosamine sulfate, in a capsule, not a hard tablet. I always have it with food and have never had any digestive problems. I am now nearly 73 and still have arthritis, pretty much everywhere including my hands, but I get on very well. Thirty years of glucosamine, plus good physio exercises collected for almost every part of my body including my hands, seem to have been doing the trick.

Look up the hand exercise called "the flower" for a way to exercise the fingers. I also find massaging the finger joints, (a gentle pressure rotating about three times in each direction on each joint) seems to relieve pain and stiffness. I speculate it's doing something with the synovial fluid, but really don't know.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.