Arthritic Feet

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 76 and the feet are the last place to invade me with OA. I've been wearing an ankle support on right foot for a few years mostly all since hip replacement mess....

And now in the last few weeks the left foot is acting up, so I just put on a ankle support on this foot.

I've been reading some who have done foot surgeries and ankle replacements and omg, I can't imagine going thru that.

I'm having a hard time finding comfortable house shoes....I buy them and then send them back

Some of your stories, please.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried Crocks ?  I think they are very comfortable for around the house, I myself and my family use them around the house - they dont look the best but comfort beats looks anyday smile
  • Posted

I've never worn Crocks they just don't seem to have SUPPORT, aren't they a synthetic rubber type shoe? I have to use an orthotic and a heel lift in my right shoe and even an innersole in my left shoe....so don't know about those for me, I'll look at them again but I'd like leather for best breathing on the foot. I wear a pair of USA Klogs in the house and they are synthetic and don't feel great but they are OK sorta.
    • Posted

Well, I'm looking at them on the online at the shoe place where I buy, there are 100's of styles, lots has changed since I looked at this shoe over 15yrs ago in a shoe store in my good walking days.....I forget about those days.

This place where I shop has free shipping and handling both ways, if one has to return and I return so many....they just hurt my feet, so many of them and I can't spend $300 on shoes...

I have a pair in my shopping cart now and have a couple days to think about them as I get a 15% discount on already discounted prices....

We shall see, thanks for the tips. J

• Posted

Ive not tried Klogs but highly recommend Crocks they are very comfortable I sent you message not sure if Klogs and Crocks are the same but my Crocks are very comfortable and my grandmother wears them also well actually half of our family wear them now! 
    • Posted

No they are not the same the Klogs I now wear have an arch support and removable innersoles to add what I need to add like my 3/4" heel lift.

I will look at the Crocks but as I recall they are pretty flimsey unless they have been changed over the years...

I just ordered a new bottle of glucosomine and I've taken it off and on for years but am out of it now, MAYBE it does help but I was never totally convinced...then I read over the years that it could raise blood sugar...so that is in my mind...I don't have high blood sugar and don't want it either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.