Arthritic foot-just had cheilectomy and big toe joint replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well I've finally had the op today 😃 Been suffering with pain in my foot for a while due to extra bone that formed on foot due to arthritic big toe. Apparently the consultant said it was quite bad when they opened up so that explains the pain I've been suffering with for years! The op was a success and now I'll just have to take one day at a time on this long road of recovery but so relieved it's done now as feeling positive in the long run it will be better. Just wanted to share my experience on here, I'll post regular updates. Feel free to ask me any questions if you want. Thanks ????

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I went to a podiatrist today having made an appointment weeks ago when I was hobbling around but the pain is pretty much gone now.  She said it was arthritis and it sounds like there's nothing much she can do about it, but to return if the pain comes back.  Sigh.  I hope your procedure does give you the desired outcome.  Yes, please, keep us updated on your recovery.

• Posted

Ok so I'm on day 3 of my recovery now. Been a bit dozy cos of the meds. Lovely side effects of constipation and falling asleep😂🤷🏼??? The pain well and truly kicked in when the local anaesthetic wore off😩 It's sore and painful when walking but I'm trying to keep it elevated as much as possible due to the DVT risk, to reduce the swelling and at this stage you are not advised to walk on it too much. Little tasks such as going upstairs are a chore but I'm trying to remain positive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.