Arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had terrible sciatica over left buttock and my left leg felt weak going down to my toes, also I had sever aching in my arms and my hands have been painfull,  was referred to physio they noted everything that has been going on, and will contact my doctor to see what he thinks. They gave me a set of exercises to do which I am doing three times a da, I had a blood tests which the doctors receptionist phoned to say they have come back borderline, so have made appointment for Monday, she said it was not urgent. I am taking 1 Ibuprofen and 1 Tramadol 3 times a day I am also drinking lots of water as I was dehydrated all the time, now I am feeling much better in my arms hands and the sciatica, I have never liked taking medication but I have realised you have to get the pain under control or it will ruin your life, I am just a bit worried about the blood results.......

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello lyn,

try not to worry to much,  borderline could be just a bit of inflamation and maybe the blood tests will be repeated if deemed necessary.  Worst senario I think would be the possibility it is RA,  if it is there are good medications out there to keep this under control, it is not by a long way the terrible illness it used to be.  Worrying is going to make you tense and that will make the pains worse,  not long until Monday,  please try to keep busy and your mind occupied,  keep warm the pain under control,  you do seem to have a good  control with your meds and the acceptance that the meds are now needed - and drinking enough fluid ........

Warmest regards

Jessie x

• Posted

I saw the doctor not my own and the blood test did reveal that the inflammation is to do with arthritis, now my physio has emailed the doctor to see what he is going to do and no reply as yet. My pain and symptoms are slowly increasing and it is affecting my bladder, now that Christmas is nearly here nothing will get done till next year. I can't even see a doctor till the 15th January. The only time I get real relief is night time keeping very still laying on my side pillow between legs and with hot water bottle on back.. Hopefully things will get moving next year and be referred to a rhumatologist , have a good Christmas x
    • Posted

Hello lyn,

your Dr should be doing more blood tests,  it needs ( or used to)  three results of inflamation in the blood to suggest Rhuematoid Arthritis,  this needs done without delay really to start treatment to stop it in it's tracks as soon as.  What you say about laying still is classic RA.  Pleased the physio in on the ball and going to chase up your Dr.

It does seem a long time to the 15th January,  not sure how long the Christmas and New Year holidays last this year but that will take up a fair few days........   not to worry to much though,  you have got a start and can forward.  Hope the bladder does not give you a lot of trouble - that is another RA signal...........   anyway,  hope you are manageing it ok.

You take good care of yourself,  enjoy the holidays and hope you have a lovely time,  hope the pain does not spoilt it for you altogether.

Warmest regards

Jessie xx

• Posted

Hello Jessie, I have just managed to get an appointment on Wednesday evening, so now I will be able to find out if he going to refer me to a rheumatologist at last, I have an appointment with my physio on the 5th Jan he does not give me physio but at least we will be able to discuss the outcome of my doctors appointment, I have been in a lot more pain last couple of days also across my shoulders down arms and the hands, all the pain in buttock groin and weakness in left leg is making me nausea  my left side of abdomen aches as well, I just hope I get some result on Wednesday... Merry xmas x
    • Posted

Hello lyn,

I know what you mean about the pain making you sickly,  is good you are getting to see your Dr, will help if he can tell what he thinks and who he refering you onto, will maybe put your mind at rest a little.   Hope you feel better by xmas and can enjoy your dinner.   This time of year when it is cold and damp, being stuck in the house does not help.

You try to relax as much as you can,  hope seeing your Dr helps.

Warmest regards

Jessie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.