Arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I've been told ive got arthritis in my pelvis and hips. I've got gallstones too awaiting for surgery but dont see the point in getting my gallbladder removed if I am still in pain from arthritis. seeing my gp in few weeks. Any advice much appreciated thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gemma

Sorry that you have two painful problems to contend with .I do feel that the gallstones should be a priority as they could cause further problems such as a blockage which you want to avoid .When you have had your gallstones sorted you can plan your arthritis management which might be hip replacements and your GP can refer you to the orthopaedic consultant to plan further treatment .Try not to get too down as there are organisations such as Versus Arthritis that can help you to manage pain and general problems associated with arthritis I have had a shoulder and hip replacement in the last two years and managing my other hip problem with the help of a chiropractitioner until I feel that I need the hip replaced ,I also do pilates and zumba to keep my muscles strong

Hope this helps and best of luck Flic x

• Posted

thanks for your feedback I will still go ahead than will my gallbladder removal unsure if it's both hips or just the 1. I've got athritist in my pelvis too so hopefully he will refer me to someone who deals with it

• Posted

good luck with your gallbladde removal inj mine out 2013

i have alot if arthritis in varius joints and neve compreson in my spine awiting to se a nurosurgeon

nothing worse than pain all over

i agree get your gallbladder sorted then you can look at getting the arthritis problem sorted or at least pain managenent control

good look

• Posted

hi thanks for the reply nothing worse no than being in pain I dont have a very supportive family neither so that dont really help seeing gp in a few weeks hopefully I can get some stronger pain relief

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.