Arthritis... I hope it's not just me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently developed back problems and I put off going to doctors for afew months as I assumed it was something I pulled in the gym. 

I had blood tests last week and I got a call back from the dosctrs yesterday to see the doctor.

He told me my blood tests are positive for either inflammation arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis

The doctors said this could be related my my UC.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm only 35. I always expect that much older people get this. 😢 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carrie, I have UC and Colagenous C and have suffered with inflammatory arthritis for many years.  There are so many other problems associated with colitis, mouth ulcers , dry exceama, intolerances to certain foods it's hard to keep up.  I find that I will have flare- ups then after several weeks it abates for a while.  I just take small doses of ibuprofen as when I need to especially if I am doing any gardening.  

I have just had to have a hip replacement, so keep an eye on what joints are affected, sometimes back pain can be from the hips and not necessarily from the back itself, ask your GP if you can have an x- Ray to determine if you have any wear and tear from the joints.  Mine obliged and that's when I found that I had considerable deterioration and I had thought it was my back.

best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks Sheila. I a man waiting for an appointment with Rhruemtology and hopefully will get more information then. It seems to be one thing after another. 😤 x

• Posted

That meant to say I am. x
  • Posted

Yes tell me about it, that's the thing about autoimmune diseases, one never knows what it's going to throw at you next.  However life is too short to be negative, you have to manage the illnesses and get on with it otherwise they take over.  My Gastroenterologist prescribed methotrexate for me and this helps with the arthritis as well as keeps the colitis under control.  Do you have a gastroenterologist that you can talk to about your symptoms?

• Posted

Do not take iboprufen I you have UC. It can be very dangerous on the gut 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.