Arthritis or Lupus?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

So I have been having an issue with my eight wrist and hand, sometimes even the shoulder and elbow, hurting really bad for over a week. The pain seems to be getting worse the longer it goes. I went to the ER for it a few days ago and they took x-rays and said the only thing they could say for sure is that it is not carpal tunnel based on where the pain is. I have scheduled an appointment with my PCP as per their recommendation, and they said that I need to be tested for arthritis or possible Lupus. I know when I've been doing my research on FM that it can often go hand in hand with autoimmune disorders and I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? If so, how did you find out and what has it been like since?

Thanks and hope everyone has a blessed day!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Knives88; it sounds like a typical symptom of fibro...I have a few autoimmune conditions..one of them being arthritis..be blessed be blessed and have a lovely day..remember hot water bottles are great for pain and of course icy cold for swelling..🙏🙏💐😍😍

• Posted

Hey Christine,

Thanks for the reply. I saw my PCP today and she pretty much told me the same thing that it was typical for FM and it was also due to over use of my arm, wrist, and hand. I have been using the heat and ice and anti inflammatories and it'll just be a waiting game lol. But your supposlrt helps me a lot! ??🤗 Have a blessed day!!

• Posted

Hi Knives88,

I sympathise with you totally and I am currently awaiting a nerve conduction test. I get pains in my shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. My right hand wakes me most nights totally dead. I have pins and needles in hands too. I hope you get seen quickly to rule out lupus etc. I' m having to wait about 6 weeks for the conduction tests on hands and upper and lower limbs as I also get it in legs and feet.

Be kind to yourself

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Catherine

• Posted

All of my labs came back normal and xrays showed no signs of arthritis. All of my Doctors say that the pain is fibro related and due to over use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.