Arthritus in the shoulders

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I'm new here so nice to meet you all,

i have Arthritus in both shoulders with some cartilage loss and think stem cell treatment could help, does ant one here have any thoughts or experience of this treatment please? I'm 55 and need to keep working , regards john

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had stem cell therapy in both hips two months ago. Doing physical therapy twice a week. My arthritis was very severe so it is taking time but I do feel improvement !
    • Posted

Hi, thankyou for answering , are you in the uk?, I have no idea how to go about treatment, or where to get help , thankyou
    • Posted

I am in the USA....BUT the FDA is making,

stem cell therapy difficult here. Google stem cell therapy for arthritis in the UK and see what pops up. Then reseach what you find. That is what I did. DON'T GIVE UP!

• Posted

There are several types of stem cell treatments. I have often wanted to give it a try since reciently it has been approved in the US.

WHILE Europe OS the HUB of stem cell treatment.

the types of stem cell treatment are. 

Embryonic stem cells which is used for arthritis 

Tissue-specific stem cells

Mesenchymal stem cells

Induced pluripotent stem cells

see online for for clinical research data. Very interesting read. I am convinced it's worth trying. 

Peace & Heeling

• Posted

My stem cells were taken from the back of my hips and then made into a product over a few hours...this is where the FDA has made it difficult in the USA because they won't let the stem cells be out if the body longer than 24 hours. I have severe arthritis in my hips but I had 2 billion stem cells to split between them.....I had not heard of embryonic stem cells for arthritis. ....but I don't think they are doing that in the USA yet.....I'm still recovering but so happy I did it! I'm Feeling better and I hope to keep improving!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.