arthrofibrosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

help its over three years since my TKR and I am still suffering and unable to walk properly. MY leg and knee have gone stiff. does anybody know why or is it arthrofibrosis

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary.

Its a year since my opp . knee very swollen , have been advised to walk more , its for pumping action of leg . leg so big compression stockings suggested.

my swelling due to trapped fluid after operation

• Posted

HI MARY

IT IS 18 months since my tkr. I Have been back to my surgeon, says everything is fine. Well it sure doesn't fine. every morning I wake up feeling like there is a 20 pound cement block on my knee. I do the PT, I do the leglifts I do everything, it never changes. Dr Always says the surgery was fine. I am resigned to the fact that this is never going to change. I can walk, I have good range of motion but the stiffness feeling never changes. I wish you luck in the future. Too bad I didn’t know this before

• Posted

hi

i know what you are talking about. i am 18 months now knee surgery. i must say i was doing yoga for some time .

try gentle yoga, avoid bent leg excercises. try lifting leg on a window cill, kitchen work top, slowly go higher. stay 20 seconds and longer gradually. cycle gently indoor or out.

its helped me a lot.

good luck

• Posted

Thank you for your suggestion m Surgeon wants ne to walk as much as possible , its the pumping action thats needed too . regards

Linda

• Posted

its ok saying walk but the problem is trying to stop myself falling over. Theres something not quite right. before the op I had control over my walking which meant it was very painful because of the osteoarthritis but i have no control now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.