Arthrofibrosis in foot?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've actually been suffering for over 3 years. It began with an injury at my midfoot which is fairly high arched(or was). I recovered, sort of, but began with pain in my 2nd and 3rd toes. This was before a much later consultant diagnosis of midfoot arthritis after MRI. My arch, at that time was higher then usual. Instead of dropping more it was stuck up high. I have seen at least 5 physiotherapists and each has treated me differently. I sought 2 more foot consultant diagnoses. My symptoms evolved mysteriously and painfully. It became either lower back pain with outer foot weakness or inner foot pain, especially around the toes. A back consultant did an MRI. I had some minor disc protrusions around L5/S1 but nothing too significant.

With no real help...and the GP has been useless I have continued trying to improve. Walking any distance or standing is painful after a short while. I seem to have been able to change things by sticking to a Pilates routine every morning and doing some cycling and swimming and Aqua aerobics. I seem to have less back pain now but I have a significant pulling soreness through the foot to my lower inner buttock. I believe I have been dealing with, apart from the foot arthritis, an externally rotated leg(maybe due to altered gait or maybe scar tissue in my sacral back area) which I am changing back.

However, my foot feels sore and stiff. It feels like I am attempting to walk in a different way and through scar tissue. I do feel fairly hopeless and often wonder if I am doing too much or too little and many pain flares. I have no-one to advise me. Any suggestions from people who have managed to change old scar tissue around joints would be welcome please.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.