arthroscopic capsular release surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

Due to have this surgery Nov 16. Frozen shoulder for 8 months. Excruciating pain stopped nearly 3 months ago, but still hardly any movement. Physio unsuccessful. Never pleasant to have surgery -am tempted to wait this out. There are pros and cons to surgery as ever. surgeon dying to get his knife on it - (had same procedure on other shoulder for different problem 5 years ago and very successful). However, that problem would never have resolved without surgery and this will. Really can't decide what to do...,!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sarah What about a cordisone and saline injection, the cordisone stops inflamation and the saline expands the joint. I have talked to to people who have had it done and said it fixed it in no time with no pain and full movment back quickly

Cheers Rick

• Posted

Hi Rick the injection only works if the adhesions are not too thick, I had the injections done and it was the most painful thing I've ever had done, it did nothing but my adhesions were 6mm thick 6 times what they should be.

• Posted

I realise this is an old thread but thought it worth a shot asking my question.

I had capsular release 7 weeks ago and I'm in worse pain now than prior to the operation. I am doing physio but for the last week I feel each morning my range of movement is decreasing and the pain is increasing. I'm still icing and using heat pack as per physio instructions but I'm at the end of my tether now. I'm taking paracetamol and tramadol with little change, it takes the edge off at best and I've horrific burning pain in my bicep. Everything I've read online says people can go back to work within a month which suggests to me that by 4 week pain shouldn't be an issue, if anyone has any first hand experience of their post operative journey I would greatly appreciate it.

• Posted

sarah

thanks for posting 3 months ago. you have me heart. thought my recovery was not going to plan.

had decompression surgery and ACR done at the some time. feels lime i am going backwards. post 10 weeks.

that bicep tendon i could cut out and throw away it is so angry. also the deltoid at the top is really peeing me off.

done everything by the book. constant stretching everyday through the pain.

have hired a Continuous passive motion machine to help movement. been to physio every other day putting me through hell.

recovery is so slow. hard mentally. and disappointing. i had wandered the house if a night with a really deep ache .

give me some good news have you pulled it off and how was it. i am due back at work in 8 days. i am a carpenter and do heavy work

struggling colin

• Posted

hi everyone in the ACR club

if anyone is still posting how was it and how did it go .

i posted last week now 10 weeks post ACR and decompression surgery.

really need to find out what some if the out comes were. me done it by the book. big ups massive downs.

back at work next week phased in. lets just see if it holds up. my job is a carpenter. bi lateral frozen left 30 months. right 24 months.

decompression right done post 6 months ACR left post 10 weeks.

big down was post 8 days wasp landed on the newly operated shoulder tried to instinctivly flick it away. tore the shoulder muscles and dropped the shoulder blade out of position.

try exercising with that as well. had a CPM for the full time. going back off hire 3 days time. .

is anyone happy with the outcome how did you all do and what has helped with recovery .fellow sufferers are still searching for answers and tips.

please respond if you pick this up

a fellow shoulder member

colin

• Posted

i keep on adding to this thread

i saw the surgeon yesterday. post 9 weeks. even with all the subsiding aches i still have. and some are grim on some days.

he was happy with progress and it is natural to have this ache. he explained that technically he parted the ball of the shoulder from the cup.

yup see why it aches. scar stop forming around 5 month. i have to keep up the stretches and physio.

so if you read this and are still aching its normal and it takes a long time

c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.