Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had arthroscopic knee surgery on both knees, and a lateral release on right knee over 20 years ago for "floating debri".  20 years and 7 days ago had it again on left knee for double mensius tear and "clean out".  I am female, 74 and single and live alone.  I am a retired professional dancer.  Never had any problems with the knee surgeries, went back to work always after about 5 days. No pain, no swelling, no nothing, no pills necessary. Also had bone spurs removed from both feet, same deal, no problems, back at work in 5 days.  This time,Thanks to God, also no problem. I am on day 7, and have had no pain other than on day 3 so I took an Aleve and it went away.  Still have some swelling, but am driving and walking without cane with no problems or pain. Go to have stitches out tomorrow.  Had the 2-hole arthroscopic knee surgery.  I do have Osteoarthritis as shown on MRI.  I do a lot of exercises I found on internet, plus I am very active. Also did some weed eating yesterday with no problems.  My only companion is my German Shepherd dog, Gaby and she is constantly with me also a senior at 10 years old. I am a member of Gold Gym and looking forward to when I can get back to that and the jacuzzi. I hope everyone has as good a time as me with your surgery.  Good luck.   

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow.....you are amazing. I just had tkr on the right and thought I was doing well. But I can't imagine going back to work after just 5 days?!! That's pretty unbelievable. I'm on week 6 and am walking with no assists, no limp. Still have stiffness and cannot go completely around on the bike. But I'm doing really well. Did you have a complete knee replacement? I, too, am in your age group - - I'm 69. Hoping to have knee replacement in the left within a few weeks. 

• Posted

No I had two hole arthroscopic surgery for dual mensius tear (both sides of cartridge tear) and a general "clean out" which means floating debri, bone fragments, etc.  I am under the impression that a TKR requires a lot of time for recouperating.  My doctor said that I would need that in a few years. I hope not.  At 74 I am doing just fine as it is.  I do exercises at gym and jacuzzi. Wow you are doing great on your TKR. Best wishes for the left one as well. 

• Posted

Just met with my surgeon for my 6 week check and he says I'm doing terrific. Advised me to start "living my life" by getting back into my normal routine of activity around the house, working in the garden, walking, etc. I find I do not have the endurance I'd like to have as yet and am not super energetic. But I think as my body continues to heal I should get some of my energy back. I also scheduled my left knee for TKR in Sept. Yup. Get 'er done. Will be nice to have all this behind me. We go to Florida in March so I'm really looking forward to having 2 good knees!! Nice to have chatted with you. Best of luck in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.