Arthroscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi had my knee arthroscopy done 4 weeks tomorrow, and oh my how I wish I hadn't had it done, my knee cap is so painful, going up and down stairs and out of a chair is so painful, didn't think I was going to be in a worse state after having it done, anybody feeling the same

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello, My name is Tina lord let me tell you I truely thought there was no hope after mine. Patience it does get better,at least mine is .I had my tnr on the 13th of march and im just now able to slowly take individual steps up stairs. I cant yet bend or neal but one day at a time hope you get better
    • Posted

It's the going up and down stairs, plus the getting off the sofa, it's so painful, am beginning to wish I hadn't had it done

• Posted

I completely understand I've had to go up and down steps since day one it does get better. Although if it dont get better say so tell your ortho because others on here have talked about nerve damage like I said one step at a time

• Posted

Have my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon on the 15th June am hoping it's a lot better by then, if not I'll ask him what happens now, I'm suppose to be going back to work next Wednesday

• Posted

Hello Lynn

I'm 4 weeks post surgery too. Arthroscopy for cartilage repair. I've had real pain from knee cap but cannot tell you how physio has helped. I'm doing 10 mins on bike and 5 mins on cross trainer about 4 to 5 times a week plus squats and it has really helped. I still have to use crutches intermittently, oh and icing. Every day as often as I can. Hope this helps.

Why did you have arthroscopy?

Deb

• Posted

Hi Deb yes your comments have helped, I had torn cartilage that need repairing and bone shaved, I've been doing the excercises the hospital gave me and trying to do the bike for 5 mins a few times a day, had my right knee done last year for the same reason and never had as much trouble, think that's the problem I expected this one to be the same

• Posted

HI Lynn

On many occasions I've been thinking, is it going to get better? I've had a dodgy painful knee for months now. Once I started fighting the pain and getting on with the Physio, bike etc, things started to improve. I hope they do for you too and soon.

deb

• Posted

Hello,

It takes a looong time to recover at least 6 months. just be patient:-) I had latheral release and condroplasty 9 March 2016 and just in the last couple of months I am a bit more mobile and still not 100%. Someone who had similar op said to me it took him 18 months so I am still waiting but I doubt I ever get back to 100%. One advice is to do your phsio exercises on a daily basis actually a few times a day. It helps you with the faster recovery.

• Posted

I had the same problem it take about 6 weeks to see any significant improvement after that I would then tell my surgeon that my pain isn't improving.

• Posted

I am 12 days post op.  I feel like I am dying sometimes.  I hope it gets better soon.  I just want to feel normal again.  I have to have my husband help me shower because I can't stand without a brace or someone helping me with support. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.