Arythmia ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

For the last 5 months I have been getting periods of intense light headedness and chest pain. 

I was hospitalized for 4 days last month and they put me on a holster monitor for the whole time I was there. They also did an echo several ECG’s and an untrasound. Everything came back normal. 

My question is, could an arythmia have been missed? Annoyingly I didn’t have an episode while I was in hospital as I mostly sat on my butt...

I’m a 25 year old male and I’m ready to get my life back. My doctor thinks I have a panic disorder but I don’t feel anxious at all and the lexapro he put me on a month ago has done nothing but add headaches to my life..  

Please help..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately doctors not being able to diagnose what seems OBVIOUS to the patient is not at all rare in these areas.

Light-headedness and pain, however, can also come from non-cardiac causes.  I suppose it's not always easy, being a doctor.

And they can be quick to call it "anxiety" which means they don't know, and I doubt Lexapro would be appropriate for any such thing.

How is your blood pressure?  Your pulse rate?  Any other diagnostic numbers from blood tests?  Any other current health issues?

• Posted

Blood pressure is pretty good, goes a bit high during an episode but I think that’s more of a I feel like garbage thing.. pulse is usually between 70-90 at resting. Does drop to around 40-45 during sleep. Nothing has shown abnormal in blood or urine tests..
    • Posted

I’ve also, been waking up gasping for air since this all started, I’m waiting for a sleep study for that..
  • Posted

I think that symptoms are from Lexapro, the chest pain it can be anxiety as the doctor said, specially lexapro can cause headedness , but you don’t have svt, do you?
    • Posted

No this all started before the lexapro, and nothing has changed since being on it except headaches - which I think are for the lexapro. 
  • Posted

I had all the same symptoms. Turned out it was hyperthyroidism which was causing all the cardiac issues. It also frequently causes an increase in stomach acid because your body speeds up more with it and that causes chest pain.

Might be worth getting your thyroid checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.