As hs is quite a new disease, do you not think it's something that we are eating??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Reading everyone's posts, I can't stop thinking that maybe we are all allergic to something in our foods.. Has anyone been anywhere where they can find out what your body is allergic to and has cut it out of there diet???

I want to find someone in the uk where they will test what I am allergic to and see if this can really be true..

I have only been diagoned recently but have suffered for many years, many operations but I don't want to become ammune to anti biotics so I try not to take them unless I really have to..

If anyone has tried to cut certain things out of there diet please reply as I'm very interested in what you have to say..

I have family members that suffer with crones and I don't want this horrible disease to escalate..

Thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Quite a few posts have previously mentioned cutting out nightshade vegetables eg potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines etc. I've done this and had some success.   I get the odd one, but not so severe and they tend to heal quicker.   I'd be intrigued to find out for sure if this type of veg us the culprit. 
  • Posted

Yep, potatoes are my instant (overnight) trigger but general processed food brings it out too over a few days. 

My HS was only ever quite mild but I have managed to get it under control by changing my diet.

i believe everyone with HS should give it a try :-)

• Posted

I think you are right.  I've been reading a lot about gluten and wheat and health problems.  There seem to be a lot of people who have cut gluten out of their diets and their health problems seem to get better.    I've been thinking about going gluten free and wondering if anyone  has tried this and seen any results.  

Why do you mention crones disease?  Are you saying there is a correlation between HS and crones??

Have your family members tried to cut out gluten?  I've heard that has helped a lot of people with that disease.

• Posted

I tried cutting out gluten for a couple of weeks, but it made no difference for me. It's very difficult to cut it out completely as it is in nearly everything. The obvious foods are bread, cakes, pastries and pasta, but if you look on the back of most other foods you will find they contain gluten. Good luck though, anything is worth a try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.