AS or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 47 year old female and I've had morning back/hip pain for years (8yrs +) . I finally got a Rheumatology referral a few months ago. Rheumatologist said AS unlikely but did HLA B27 test and referred for MRI. B27 test is positive, now waiting for MRI results but was told if no inflammation i will just be discharged back to GP.

I'm aware there could be no inflammation showing yet. i've not had an x ray, just full spine and pelvis mri. Is it worth asking for an x ray too? My full symptoms are chronic lower back/hip/sacroiliac pain when i wake up (often causing me to wake up early), pain wears off after movement (takes up to an hour now but did used to be 15 mins), lower back /glute pain starts if i walk or stand for long periods. Random other pains that come and go - buttock/glute pain, outer knee, ankle, left elbow. Stiff hand/fingers sometimes when i wake up (rheum examined fingers and said likely OA there). Itchy skin on chest. Also diagnosed with high blood pressure out of nowhere a couple of years ago, GP couldnt work out why as historically had low blood pressure. Also had coccydynia previously but this was resolved with steroid injections.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

could be hip joint OA. sounds familiar. it took me ten years before docs finally diagnosed OA.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.