Asbestos exposure!

Posted , 3 users are following.

A little over five years ago i was Made to break up around 10 body Bags full of white corrugated Asbestos cement chrysotile. I Believe it was around 15% asbestos But i'm not sure. It was all broken into small piece's. Before this exposure I have come into contact with asbestos around 15 times. This was really the only time that i have broken up asbestos sheets. I didn't really know or think about The dangers of this stuff at the time. I was wearing a boiler suit and a paper mask which I thought would be sufficient protection. I now know that i should have worn a respirator mask for proper protection. Ever since i broke it up I have been having dull (Sometimes sharp.) tight constant Chest pains. Sometimes when i Take a deep breath the back of my chest is painful it's also painful when bending over. I have a cough after eating, I'm constantly bringing up lots of white flem and I'm experiencing breathlessness after exerting myself. I have to stop and catch my breath and Sometimes feel sick if i have exerted my self to much. I'm around smokers a lot which Properly isn't helping. I have had a Chest x ray and a blood test which are both fine. My doctor doesnt seem to understand that i'm in pain all of the time. Just because The x ray was clear that was the end of it. I feel like I am slowly dying and thinking of giving up work. I can't go on much longer like this I just feel so tired all the time. When my chest gets really bad I just go to bed and hope when I wake up that it's better. Anyone's Help is much appreciated thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had numerous tests myself and they have only found atelectosis ( probably from a punctured lung during a pacemaker placement). I have most of the symptomsyou describe and more. I have lost 27 lbs, I am gluten free, and nothing seem to help. If you find something, please let me know.
  • Posted

Hi Daniel I myself was like u chest x rays blood test then it took my GO to refer me back to chest clinic ad ct scan barium swallow due to not being able to swallow food being sick plus ad load of antibotics then found out I ad bronchiectasis I'm wondering if mine is caused with working in construction with abestos if I was you go back to ur GP demand they take things further hope this is helpful for you regards Tony

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.