Asbestos via rain drops from roof top

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have left a tub filled with clothes , water and soap exposed to rain water from Asbestos roof tops (it’s in a hotel room-not my house so I cannot state the roof conditions just that is made from wavey sheets of Asbestos nailed together, some are cut).

Are the clothes safe to wear, can I wash them in a washing machine?

Thanks!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to ask your Environmental Officer at you local Councillor.

If you put asbestosis and washing contaminated clothes there are a load of places to read about it.

• Posted

I am aware that you should not use/wash clothes directly exposed, my specific question involves them being exposed via rain drops from roof top.
    • Posted

I am now completely confused............so I cannot help at all.
    • Posted

Sorry to confuse you.

The clothes were left overnight in a tub filled with water and soap.

It rained heavily that night and from the roof the rain water also drained to that tub, question is are the clothes considered exposed or I can use them.

• Posted

Ah, now I see, if it was me, I would consider they had been contaminated. Those particles are so tiny and they can be carried by rainwater as far as I know.   But the environ person at the council will give you a definite answer and I would give them a call.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.