Ascending aortic aneurysm 4.3 and sinus of valsalva aneurysm

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 55 and I recently received the news that I have both an ascending aortic dilation of 4.3cm and a sinus of valsalva aneurysm.  I am 5ft 5inches and I weigh 148lbs.  Does anyone have any information about how they repair the sinus of valsalva? Is it the same with a Dacron replacement of the aorta or would it require a new valve too. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

SVA is surgically repaired routinely, with intracardiac shunting. It could involve aortic root as well as aortic valve reconstruction. 
  • Posted

I have returned from the cleveland clinic in ohio.  My cardiologist has ruled out the valsalva and now it is the ascending portion only.  My goal number before surgery for my height and size is 4.8.  Has anyone else had a replacement at 4.8? 
    • Posted

I have an ascending aorta anuerysm at 4.8 and one cardiologist wants to do another cat scan at 6 months and said they usually don't do surgery until it's 5 centimeters. Another cardiologist thinks I should have open heart surgery now. I'm 65 and about the same height as you but heavier. I'm thinking of going to the Cleveland Clinic for surgery. Can you tell me more about your visit there?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.