Ascending Aortic aneurysm

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. Name is Darren and I live between the Minneapolis area and Cape Coral Florida.

56 years old, 6'2", 205. Diagnosed with a 4.7 cm ascending aortic aneurysm last August. All other parts of my heart, arteries, etc are either normal or close to it. Taking blood pressure and Chloresteral meds. No symptoms initially or right now.

I originally decided to get a ct scan on my own dime after we lost 2 neighbors suddenly from Aortic ruptures. Had echo cardiogram and ultrasound to confirm size. BP is under control and my chloresterol is now normal. I've changed my diet, although probably need to do more. Elephant in the room question is whether or not the aneurysm will stay 4.7 cm for a while. Very happy to have found this forum as it's the first time I've seen others comment that theirs were stable for some time before growing. There are a few surgeons performing this procedure stateside without opening up your chest. The risks remain close to the same, but recovery time is much less. I'm hoping to hold off surgery till this less invasive procedure is more common.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.