Ascending Thoracic Aneurysm - Back Left Pain during sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All. I will write a bit about symptoms of having an aneurysm which I didnt find much in the forum.

I have a 4,2 TAA diagnosed 4 months ago. It was not discovered out of the blue, actually because of symptoms: Huge visible pulsating abdomen and back chest left pain during night.

Doctors dont seem to pay much attention to those symptoms once they only rely on images and measurements, reason why I'm trying to understand from other's experience if they feel the same.

The problem is my back pain during sleep is there now every night. I wake up early dawn or morning with a throbbing pulsating pain, like in waves on my left back chest (almost lateral side of chest). Doctors say it is not the location of my ascending aneurysm but Im sure it is related. The pain is dull and visceral and it is not muscular at all, once position doesnt affect the pain neither deep breathing. I'm on painkillers every day and sleep is no longer a resting time for me...

Anyone else have/had this nocturnal pain when lying flat?

Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi my husband aged 66 had thoracic aortic dissection 2018.

no symptoms bit sudden jaw chest pain .

a dissection is a burst.or split in the aneurysm which is a bulge .

I believe some aneurysm monitored until need operating on but that's I think is the abdominal.

triple AAA.

don't quote me on this but I've got to know something in jast few yrs.

at time of dissection after admitting to hospital was transferred to kings for 8 hrs emergency op.

not a lot survive .he did and doing well

so please follow your symptoms get checked and ask questions .

• Posted

his was type a which is the upper part as opposed to type b .

• Posted

Dear Richard,

I had an ascending aneurysm in 2017.

Mine was a surprise. I went to emergency with pain radiating from my jaw and across my stomach and lower back.

It was an undetected 5.25 cm. Emergency surgery. I find you have to be your own advocate, the Dr's don't know the answers to everything. I don't know where you are but would be happy to reccomend Dr. William Cole at NYU Hospital in Manhattan. He's a saint and will stop at nothing to find out the cause of any problem you are experiencing.

It never hurts to get a 2nd opinion!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.