Aschenbach syndrome?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

IM FREAKING OUT2 WEEKS AGO I GOT ACUTE PAIN IN MY KNUCKLE MIDDLE FINGER FELT VERY SORE TENDER ALMOST LIKE BUG BITE OR ARTHRITISHOURS LATER THE FINGER TURNED PURPLISH/BLUISH THEN TO A SOLID BRIGHT RED/PINK COLOR STARTED DISSIPATING AND IN ONE DAY WAS ABOUT 75% GONE TWO DAYS LATER ALL GONEHOWEVER THAT JOINT HAS BEEN SORE ON AND OFF ONLY IN THE MORNING BUT THEN QUICKLY IS OK WITH ACTIVITY MY DAD HAD GIANT CELL ARTERITIS SO I AM VERY SCARED THAT IM DEVELOPING AN AUTOIMMUNE PROBLEMANYONE EVER HEAR OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS?? IT WAS BIZARRE

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

AND MEANT TO SAY THAT I NEVER INJURED MYSELF JUST HAPPENED SUDDENLY MY DR CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS NOT A BRUISEALTHOUGH HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

• Posted

Joint pain like that is certainly not typical of PMR or GCA - in PMR it tends to be muscle pain that is experienced (even if some doctors try to tell us that PMR is a disorder of the joints). You have provided a diagnosis of your own - Aschenbach syndrome. Which certainly fits with what happened so why don't you feel that is the answer? Otherwise, what you describe sounds more like an injury - are you sure you hadn't stubbed your finger on something?

Or, if it were an autoimmune disorder, an inflammatory arthritis - there is one called palindromic rheumatism that can affect just one joint at a time and comes and goes, sometimes in a few days. But no, not GCA.

https://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/types/palindromic-rheumatism/

• Posted

This has happened to me 4 times over the past2 weeks. The first time it happened it woke me up several times overnight, if the sheet just brushed it. The xtreme pain sudsided within about 24 hours , but the 4 lumps are all still there. Does any one else with PMR keep having new things popping up all the time. ? Just about every week for about a year, something new pops up. My mind is a boggle. i think i will start putting everything down to just old age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.