Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband has had ascites for 2 years. It has become a problem now because it has turned into jelly and the stomach is rock hard now. We have been to the gastro-enterologist with no help. Oncologist cang hlp either. If anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Dalene, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with such a frustrating situation. I wonder if you might try a liver specialist? My doctor explained to me the other day that depending on the results my son gets, instead of pursuing the path forward with a gastroenterologist, to seek out a doctor who deals only with the liver. For us that means driving 30 miles, but we live in a small town.

    I'm hoping that others on the site with longer and more experience will respond to you, also.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I would agree with the other responses. I had similar problems last year and it was not dealt with until I was referred to a liver specialist, who discovered I had Carolis disease which would never have been diagnosed by a gastroenterologist. I have since had a liver resection and made a full recovery.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up