ascites but no other liver symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone else had this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure its ascites? Could be just gas.

You'd surely have other symptoms, 100%.

• Posted

It is def ascites, I can feel the fluid move and you can see it if I lie on my side.  I had a bug back in May and was vomiting for a week but that is about it.
    • Posted

oh and today my legs and ankles have swollen up as well.   I have no jaundice no vomiting, black tarry poo, itching or anything just a belly that is swollen although my  belly button hhasnt popped out yet and now swollen legs. legs are actually quite painful.  ive got blood and urine tests tomorrow.  Ive had some symproms that seem to match ovarian cancer, but the gp was only interested in my liver.  i used to drink 1.5 bottles of wine a day and the irony is Ive managed to cut it down to 2 small glassses for the last 3 months.  im bloody svared all the info seems to say ascites means you are nearing the end.
    • Posted

To just randomly get ascites with absolutely no other symptoms is extremely rare and strange. 
    • Posted

Also, my sisters Aunt actually has liver disease and has had ascited for 3 1/2 years, drained every 2 weeks. So its not the end. Are you sure you don't have any other symptoms of liver related issues?

How's your energy level, sleep, skin (rashes), nails (abnormalities), stool color, urine, eyes, breath? Everything is perfect?

• Posted

thanks joe.  Symptoms are...lower pelvic pain, from pubic bone to about 2 inches above it, pain in the centre back of my pelvis (same as I used to get with bad periods), some constipation, spotting ( even though my periods stopped more than a year ago), yes loss of enery at times but mostly because my pelvis  hurts getting up and down, frequent urination and now the ascites.  all these are apparently sypmtoms of ovarian cancer.  Ive been sent an urgent appt with gynae at the hospital for Tuesday.for tests.  I went for bloods yesterday and they pulled up my records and next to the bit that confirms ascites the dr had typed 'no sign of trinkling' the nurses didn't know what it meant, any guesses?  they thought it was a typo.

• Posted

i have mild ascites from drinking for a long time no other symptoms at all a little pain on right side went away when i quit 2 wks ago constipationissues that it it it cirrosis i wonder?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.