Asking the gyno about pregnancy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with pcos about a year ago. My boyfriend and I really want children soon or later so we have been trying. (Don't freak because I'm not pregnant, I'm only 16.) We've tried since June 2015 and I can see that I am in the category of women that will have a hard time getting pregnant. I have very irregular periods. I recently had some bleeding that lasted 3 weeks and I think it was a miscarriage bc it was bad bleeding, cramping and blood clumps. I'm going to the gyno on Monday to get it checked out. So while I'm there, I wanted to know if it was okay to ask my gyno, " do I ovulate and when I'm ready to have children will I have complications?"

(Please don't reply with hate because I'm only 16 and saying that I need to wait, it's my life. I don't go to public school and I have a very understanding family and my boyfriend and I have been together over a year.) I also want to ask about being put on metformin because I'm classified as "obese" but I don't know if they would let me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My opinion your way to young to be thinking about having babies, go and enjoy your life get a full time job buy a house then settle down. No offence hun but 16 is way to young, you need to provide for your children make them proud bring them up in a nice way house, give them everything they need without struggling at the age of 16. 

Maybe wait 4 years till your 20 ish then go to a doctor get some help go see a gyco.. but at the age of 16 they wont see you.

• Posted

I respect your opinion. But in my opinion. Even if I was 20, it wouldn't be any different? Yes, I would be older but would my syndrome have changed? No. I was to young to be told that I would have trouble having kids and that it is possible I can't have kids at all. Isn't the saying nowaday "ages is just a number." Thank you for the advice, but I am perfectly capable of raising my own child at my age. Teen mothers always get shamed and hate.
    • Posted

16 is still so young still a kid. Yes they get shamed and hated because all your do is live off benefits the rest of your life. you need to live a little the older you get the maturer you become and experienced in life. you would get more help the older you are. No offence but doctors would just laught in your face as your to young to be seeking help.

Surely you would rather wait till your older you can drive have your own place worked hard for these stuff, instead of living at home not driving not having money not being able to provide for your kids?

Trust me kiddo your regret it 

• Posted

I am almost 17 years old. My boyfriend and I have a very stable relationship. I am not pregnant yet. And if I do get pregnant anytime soon, then it will be different. But I do believe that I am capable of raising my own child and know what I'm doing. I've done it before.
    • Posted

I just think your way to young, you need to be stable to have kids and have a full time job the the both of you and not living at home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.