Aspect 8 weeks post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a check down there today, is it normal that the flesh in the entrance to the vagina ( top and bottom)  looks a bit lumpy and feels a bit hard after 8 weeks?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I always say never look until about 16 weeks because before then and definitely at 8 weeks it looks lumpy and bumpy and abnormal. It won't always be like that, healing has a long way to go yet.

• Posted

Thank you so much for answering. I try and resist taking a peek but sometimes I can't resist and then I instantly regret it. Thanks for reassuring me, some days I feel like things will never be normal again.

• Posted

My Dr said to me it's bound to look different as you are used to seeing a lump in the way!

• Posted

Thanks Jobobo  just a bit tired of seeing lumps ;-)
  • Posted

I had surgery 8 feb I can't resist peeking although I went a little further and inserted a finger tip it felt knotty so I dunno it must be normal but I'm prone to keloid scarring I'm hoping I don't get this internally

• Posted

Hi Geraldine,

I wouldn't advice putting fingers insidevyour vagina till at least 12weeks.your still healing and cause infection. I learnt this tip from matron. I had my anterior repair last aporil but it failed. Waiting for another one.dontbknow why it happened I did nothing foifoir 6weeks.very slim and otherwise healthy.xx

• Posted

I also felt it and mine also feels knotty and a bit hard so it seems to be similar to you, anyway after reading what Matron replied to me it's still early days even at 8 weeks. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Yes it is early days but I'm prone to keloid scarring I can't really massage scar tissue up in there lol so I'm hoping that it all subsides. I have to say 4 weeks post op now and I'm feeling great and due to start back to work as a disability support worker on 23 march where my duties involve showering hoisting etc so I know that I will need to be careful there but my boss is a registered nurse for almost 30 years and insists I'll be fine bla bla I will be well healed up by then !!! I honestly think she's off her head even though I feel well I know there is still lots of internal healing.

• Posted

Definitely a complicated spot to massage;-)) Do be careful when you go back to work. I don't think that I will pick up anything heavy for the rest of my life, I did for many years packing, pulling, carrying plus heavy household duties but I don't want to ruin the repairs.

• Posted

Be so careful Geraldine when yyuou return to work. It will still be very early days for you. I know matron always advice's us ladies to stay off as long as we can because our bodies don't start to lay down scar tissue till asround 3months so our repairs will still be healing. I'd hate anything to drop after all your good work. Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.