Asperger Syndrome

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, my best friend is in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. She coming up to 48 is there anything I can do to help make things easier for her. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My 33 year old son was finally diagnosed with Aspergers after many years of misdiagnosed concerns. The most important thing is to accept and love your friend and please do a lot of research so that you understand what she has gone through. Also, if necessary a good psychiatrist is helpful with meds if she has depression, anger, or other issues. She is lucky to have a great friend!
  • Posted

Keep being a good friend. Be patient with her and help her process the diagnosis. Even though she has obviously had this her whole life it will still feel new a scary. <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.