aspiration and sclerotherapy

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, has anyone who's received aspiration and sclerotherapy treatment for a hydrocele please share feedback? I've seen a couple of posts on this forum (one was positive, one didn't resolve so the patient opted for the hydocelelectomy), but I'd like to please learn more. The hydrolecelectomy seems to be a bit risky to me in terms of complications (judging by comments on this forum), while the sclerotherapy treatment seems to be lower risk (with the downside of lower success rates). For those who've had aspiration and sclerotherapy, can you please share if it was successful, if you had to go for a second treatment (and did it work), how was the pain, and any complications? Also, did you go to Dr. Levine in Chicago? I am based in NY but the trip seems worth it to me if it can provide help and little to no complications. My hydrocele isn't that big approx. 30 or so ml) and although I've only had it for 5 months, it is something I'd like to have corrected. Thank you for any feedback or advice you can offer!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

anyone have experience with this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.