Assessment report

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all so put my forms in for pip had a paper based assessment just a little confused I’ve had the assessment report they said they will send it to the dwp for the final stage For them to decided the award my question is do they normally go with the assessment report before the dwp make that final decision thanks for reading 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

For got to say after the assessment report always goes back to the DWP and they make the final decision
  • Posted

Ok thanks do u no how long it takes for the final decision xx
    • Posted

It depends how busy they are. I had my assessment on the 22nd Feb got a text on the 26th to say that they had received the report and they will write to me within 4 weeks with a decision
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes they mostly go with that report, it's rare for them to go against it. Have you counted up the points in that report? There's boxes with dots somewhere in the report, you'll need to add them up to see what you scored for each part. There's 2 parts to PIP, Daily Living and mobility. You need at least 8 points for Standard or 12 points for Enhanced.

There's no timescales for any decisions sorry. It all depends on backlog in your area. Hopefully not too long.

• Posted

Hi yes counted the up it’s enhanced on both moved from dla to the dreaded pip I had the report on the Friday just gone do u think it’s worth ringing tomorrow... thanks for replying it’s been helpful... we were lucky we never needed a f2f we sent in enough evidence so they did a paper assessment xx
    • Posted

You can certainly ring, if a decisions been made they'll tell you. There's no time scales for decisions though as i said. It's very rare for them to go against the report. Hopefully it won't be too long. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks... I only called last Monday there was no decision but Saturday I got the report so I think il call in the morning.. xxx
    • Posted

If you put a mobile number down on the form you filled in when you applied then they'll text you once they have all the evidence they need. If no mobile number given then they'll send you a letter. Once you receive either of these then the decision shouldn't be too long.

If you haven't had any of these then no decision will have been made.

• Posted

I have just rang they told me a decision what’s up loaded up it didn’t go on the system and it’s with a case manger and the decision should be up on screen by the end of the week but I asked what that decision was he said he couldn’t see I thought this was strange 
    • Posted

He most likely means that a decision has been made but he can't see it on screen yet. It takes about 24 hours for it to show on all of the screens once a decision is made. He wasn't lying, it's true. If a decision has been made, ring back in 24 hours time and they'll tell you what it is.

• Posted

Ahh ok thank u for replying have u been through this horrible stage before xx
    • Posted

No problem. Yes multiple times for myself for PIP and ESA. Once for my daughter for PIP. This is why i know so much about the benefit system because i've been through it all myself.

• Posted

Ohh... it just causes more stress and anxiety... the assessment report has said enhanced for both xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.