Assessment Result! Depression and anxiety.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So...after all the delays and cancellations with my reassessment (6 months on from the first rearrangement after the cancellation!) I've had a letter saying I have been put in to the support group, meaning I will not have to attend the job centre etc. This is a huge relief and gives me some breathing space, hopefully to get well. I really did not know what I would do if I had "failed".

My question is : how long is this for generally? 6 months, a year? They don't say in the letter.

(Obvoiusly l know to let them know if I get well enough to work in the meantime).

Though it's been stressful and worrying to deal with I do have to say all of the medical professionals I've seen have been really respectful and kind, I know it is not their decision but their manner really effects how you feel able to talk I think, when being assessed.

Best wishes for good health to all the forum users.

Sunny Dee x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

That's fantastic news!

The ESA award letter never states the length of the award, if you want to know then you can ring ESA and ask them. However they can re-assess you at anytime. It maybe worth asking them to send you a copy of the assessment report, if you haven't already got it. It's always handy for the next time you're re-assessed.

If you do feel well enough to try some work in the future, don't just stop your ESA think about permitted work first. That way you're not losing your ESA money and you can at least try some hours without it affecting any of your benefits. Before doing this, you would need to get permission from DWP first. Just thought i'd mention that for future reference.

Take care!

• Posted

Thanks Denise that's great advice.

Would be good to know the length of time, just to be able to relax for a little while!

Thanks again

Sunny Dee x

• Posted

You're welcome. Relax now and enjoy the sunshine, there's more to come! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.