Assessments

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi I've written on the forum and read lots of postings about PiP atos

n maximums.

What I'd like to ask is can some of you state what area you are in

This may give others a clearer picture how these assessments differ

Thanks I think it may be of interest to lots of us.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I live in south. West ,life long Dla had  a pip asment By a so called nurse layeing B💩😤zero reconsiderashon 11 points got a esa asment tomrow.  Let everyone know how it go 💩 Myself  

• Posted

Thanks still up no way can I sleep I have Deprshon ,known own as Dipola ,IBs that results in a lose off Bowel at least 4 times a mouth ,I cannot go out without my career ,I cannot set a alarm clock my care does that got supporting letters from two Dr, on stufe for Ibs and my me tale health problems and a underactive throide ,as well as asma all liked two stress
    • Posted

Hi I'm the same. Sent my form in for renewal had to complete new form. Award due to expire may 17. Received a letter yesterday saying that atos are coming to do a home assessment, is this normal for a renewal? I'm worried I case they stop my award. I gave them all information & no changes in condition, I'm awaiting a surgery this month due end of month but could get a cancellation with any luck. My appointment is for Friday this week, this is really short notice, I already have plans, appointment this day & cannot be in so I'm worried this will look bad aswell, as I will have to rearrange the appointment but will be awkward to give a date as I could get called into hospital at any time up until the 23rd sept. the whole letter as made me worried as before I went to to a centre for assessment. I feel really anxious, worried & intimidated by this I would have thought my form & paperwork would be enough information. I spoke to CAB today & they said they can do this if mobility pain levels are bad, they are but I think I'd prefere to go to a centre. They also said it's important for the appointment to go ahead which I'm aware of this but I only received the letter & have another appointment arrange that I can't cancel. I've not slept for 2days now worried & I won't sleep tonight. I'm in westyorkshire area aswell. 

?Pas anybody else had this experience? Thanks                         

• Posted

Cancel your other appointment or rearrange it, surely it isn't as vital as the pip visit. 

• Posted

No but I know atose are liyers so get two tape recorders or Better stille get cctv fitted in your home a camera and a recording cannot lie neither can a tape get your care two help
  • Posted

i live noeth west waiting to go to court but still had to redo pip form so worried it mite go against me had know choice to do so has i got a letter stateing if i dont do the form i will lose my pip going to court over them stoping my mobility dont tnink i will get it  has i told them on my assesment that i can drive only to my doctors so now dont know whats going to happen but people who get mobility get cars with it
  • Posted

I'm in Leicestershire, had my assessment today and she was very nice, she was here nearly 2 hours and typed most of the time.

Yes she was nice but still no idea if I will receive any pip but will have to play the waiting game I suppose.

• Posted

You can ph9ne up pip on m9nday and request the assesors report this would give you a indication on what points could be awarded and what the assesor recomemends.i did this and worked out what award i would get
    • Posted

So they would send me the report which would consist of all questions/answers etc??

Don't suppose it would make any difference to outcome would it, do you know roughly how long it takes for a response after assessment.

• Posted

It all depends where you are mine took a month from assesment.but as i requested the report before the decicion i knew what i would be awarded give or take a few points .it also gives you the assesors report and points and recomendation.i requested it just in case i needed to appeal
    • Posted

Thanks for your advice, always good to know our rights, I will probably wait though and see what turns up and if I'm refused which I hope i want be due to the extent of my care needs I will contact them and get a copy for appeal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.