Assessors Report.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My son had a face to face for a PIP review on the 23.10.17 & got the result ten days later to say he would continue receiving the PIP till 2020.  The letter read that the decision maker had changed some of the details in the assessors report in my son's favour. My son has phoned the DWP on three occasions requesting a copy of the assessors report. Each time he was told that it would be put in the post that day.  Needless to say he has still to receive this report.  My son will phone again on Monday, then Tuesday & every day after that until he receives the report.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi wouldn’t you think they’d set a new date to receive pip....I’ve just put in a change of circumstance form but my pip was up for review in 2019 I’m im reassessed in say jan 2018 would they still assess me in 2019 or would the award start another 3 years period xx 
    • Posted

its exactly the process as a review. If the decision goes in your favour you’ll be given a new review date. This can be anything from 1-9 years with maximum award being 10 years. There will be no backdated money as new payment starts from decision date. 

If the decision doesn’t got in your favour then your PIP will continue for 4 weeks and then it will stop, even though your review date wasn’t supposed to be until 2019. 

This is the risk you take when reporting a change of circumstances.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.