Asssesment pip at home

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi, I was on DLA and received a pip form in June ,my dla suppose to be indefinite they're liars .i send all the evidences of my illness I'm bed bound and under the mental health for years .and received a letter this morning saying they are coming to assess me at home .and I just want to record but I don't know how to do it ,do I need permission from them. And even I don't even have a recorder please need help and advice,I may not making sense as under meds thank you 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Having problems understanding your three letter acronyms DLA and pip? Hoping you own a cell phone, you can record your session with it. Hoping this helps.
  • Posted

You can use your mobile phone to record them when they come to your house and your room I wouldn’t stress they are probably doing a routine check I guess you can only log in with all your medical records then they need to do a visual check up your bed bound in pain your not lying so don’t stress but definitely use your mobile as a recorder where you take your photos there should be a video that you can use like when you take videos use that hope I’ve helped in some way good luck you’ll be fine try not to over think it and let it stress you out ❤️❤️❤️
    • Posted

That was for nadnad sorry 
    • Posted

Thank you I saw my Gp yesterday and she's going to be here and my social worker as well, the have all the evidence and they're asking to see them again 

My friend will be recording on her iPad and I bought a cassette recorder to record every thing and will give them a copy if they ask for it .  I was worried but when my Gp and social worker both said they are going to be at the assessment I'm a bit relaxed because I panic easily .thanks for your reply 

• Posted

So happy to hear you will have a support team with you. I hope that relieves your stress level.
    • Posted

We never know with them , I hope they are not going to refuse my application 
    • Posted

Good luck gorgeous you'll be ok so glad you have lost of support wishing you the best of luck ??

• Posted

The dwp are playing with disabled people,  had a call this afternoon to say they can't make it tomorrow and was given another appointment home visit but on Saturday that means I will have no one with me they're nasty people, playing with our minds 

• Posted

Hi Nadnad

YOU can tell them that Saturday is not a good day for you and that you wish it to be held on a weekday so that your GP and Social Worker can be present. Try to stay calm, getting worked up about it is not doing you any good, in fact it will only make you feel worse. You have a good, strong case so hopefully will be OK, and if not then you just appeal the decision!  That's what I'm doing at the moment having had my DLA to PIP Assessment back in summer and they have taken ALL of my DLA award from me even though I had an Indefinite Award too, they said I could walk too far.....they didn't even see me walk so how they can come to that conclusion I don't know! Because you are bed bound (so sorry to hear that) you should be OK!

Take care and stay calm!

• Posted

It's alright as I'm going to record every,and will have my 2 friends and my career with me . My social worker said if you can't answer any question ask them to contact him or he will contact them my Gp is not happy about the change she said why Saturday but I have the feeling that she's going to be here because she lives around a corner . In a way I'm bed bound. And in a morning I can't move at all I even gave them the code to let themselves in with my keys...they have all the evidences but my Gp said maybe they want to check as I was honest told them every day is a bad day . Even hospital appointments sometimes I have to cancel because I can't move . For the last 10 years I always had my Gp ,nurse ,and social worker doing home visits .

• Posted

How did your home assessment go nadnad? I'm guessing you have had it by now? I do hope you got everything that you deserve and believe me, I know exactly how stressful this switching from DLA to PIP is as I've also had to do it.

Mine wasn't straightforward by any means and in a nutshell, I had been on enhanced mobility indefinite and only low rate of care since I'd never wanted to raise my head above the parapet for fear of losing the lot.

*I just typed a tome about my PIP nightmare but decided to delete it because it was way toooooooo long so I'll just say that my nightmare involved a face to face assessment by a physiotherapist, (didn't know what my Sjogren's Syndrome was or how it affected my already confuddled head thanks to my fibro fog lol), when I was awarded enhanced rate for the care component but only standard for the mobilty side. Lost my motablity car!!! Then there was the Mandatory Reconsideration request after getting a copy of the face to assessment that we like to call 'a work of fiction from front to back' AND an appeal which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. BUT........in the end, it was worth it as I was awarded an extra 12 points for the mobility component when I'd only needed 2 more to add to the 10 I'd already been awarded lol Got my motability car and little bit of independence once again woo hoo!

The outcome for me was that I was awarded enhanced rate for both components until 2022 when I'll have to go through all this again heaven help me lol I just hope that by then, the process will be easier. It's not as if my physical ability is likely to improve, only to worsen as the years go by with the osteo-arthritis and cervical spondylosis too! Just shoot me now lol.

I truly hope that your assessment went without a hitch and that whatever health professional you had doing yours was truthful and fair and looked at the whole you, not just one component.

While I don't know you personally, I do understand your circumstances a bit because I also have days when I can barely get out of bed and then it's only to get onto the recliner armchair downstairs for the rest of the day.

Fingers crossed you get the correct awards.

Take care.

• Posted

HI I had my assessment, and the woman was very nice. She said there was nothing to worry about, as it was just routine. As she saw how much pain i was in, she told me i wouldnt be made to stand or anything. At the end she told my friend there was nothing to worry about. Luckily she had read my gp letter and had all the info of my case. Now its just the waiting.

A week before my friend called them about recording the assessment. They said yes,yet when she came, she said we wasnt allowed as it wasnt on my notes, and she never had the forms with her that need to be filled out before recording, hopfully they will not stop my benefit as i told her my gp want to put me in nursing home as i cant do anything for myself . at the end she checked my bathroon and i said what do you think she said i can see in pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.