AST and ALT a bit higher than normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my last blood test reveal the following liver function numbers

AST=49 u/l recommended range be 10-35

ALT=115 u/l recommended range be 9-46

They were AST=77 and ALT=37 about 8 months ago and 64 and 35 a little over a year ago.

Dr wants to do an ultrasound on the liver. We drink sometimes 3-4 drinks on a given night, sometimes nothing. During the last blood test we were on vacation so we did endulge a bit more. Are these numbers really high? The little I read about it, no. But I do see some hepatitis patients into the 1000 u/l with no damaging issues (from what I read anyway)

Thoughts? thanks!!!

S

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

its good to do an ultrasound. my numbers were only slightly elevated but the dr ran an ultrasound and it came back for fatty liver disease. its always better to get it checked out.

and I dont even drink more than a glass of wine every now and then

I hope it wasnt anything

• Posted

hello, just wondering if you are able to reverse fatty liver disease? and if you are ok?

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.