Asthma Attack, and getting over it.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an asthma attack which in itself was bad enough, this is the 3rd one in 6 years, always in December when the weather goes really cold, The steroids are bad enough with the side effects, but staying in as you are not well enough to go out is shocking. I don't think people understand how this can wipe you out from being a happy outdoor kind of person, to a house person. Mind you I am still here which is fantastic, just have to get better now and recover.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lollipop,

Very moving account by you.

Last night the emergency ambulance was called by by wife, cos I had a very tight chest as well as breathing difficulties,about four times over the day, then again at 3am, when all is dark and scary. Ventolin not working. Reluctantto start steroids....

All well now , but as diagnosis of late onset eosinophil asthma I'm still learning symptoms, and this was a new symptom, and i thought it was a heart attack 😢

All well now, but back in the UK now after visiting family in South Africa is not easy weather wise.

I hope you stay warm and no further attacks this winter.

Mic,

Exeter

X

• Posted

Hi Mic

Thank you, I have asthma since birth, but these days it is getting worse due to age. I hope you stay well and keep warm this winter.

As you get to know your asthma well, you will know all the triggers and learn how to protect yourself. I am staying indoors now and keeping warm and getting better.

Take Care

Lollipop

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.