Asthma/chest infection/pleurisy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started  two weeks ago asthma started to go pear shaped started rescue antibiotics and steroids this. Week pain in chest went to doctors now have pleurisy,now on all meds’ plus painkillers playing havoc with asthma anybody else suffererd with this how long will it last?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nigel, I had pleurisy a few years ago and it was a really horrible experience - I'd never heard of it before. I'd feel a stabbing pain every time I laughed, coughed, sneezed and even when I breathed too deeply. I was given some pretty strong pain relief and I think I needed a couple of injections (I believe I was even given one to do at home) but after a lot of rest I started to feel better. I think resting is the main thing to focus on! Get well soon.

• Posted

Hi Lara I think the worst part is  taking a deep breath very painful and you hardly dare cough  and it doesn’t help my asthma  

Regards nigel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.