Asthma from tetnus vaccine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had tetnus vaccine last month. Started having breathing problem and high blood pressure out of nowhere from 2 weeks of taking it even when I exercise regularly.

I have had breathing issue since 10 years but never took medicines I managed it myself lucky enough to Neve have asthma attack.

I just could corelated my 10 years back problem and now is, that time too I had tetnus vaccine after that I started to have breathing problem. This time it's worst. I feel jerks when I am in sleep. I have to think my lungs are expanding while sleeping and it kind of sometimes work. Then I sleep. But this thoroughly disturbing my life. What should I do.?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How buddy,

I would definitely go to the doctors when you can, let them be the ones to worry. Sorry I can't give any further medical advice

Take it easy.

Best wishes

• Posted

Yeah consulted the doctor. She said anything with vaccine has to do will show side effects immediately which I don't agree much. So as expected I am given anti histamine, a vertigo tab and said if it doesn't help and dizzyness continues will have to do brain MRI as BP was normal. So seems some minor asthma attack to me.

• Posted

In my opinion it's not from Tetanus vaccine.  I have had loads of Tetanus vaccines through my life since I used to camp a lot and I have asthma. I never heard it mentioned as a side effect, or any side effect actually.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.