Asthma symptons

Posted ,

Hi I am a 43 year old male who has had a persistent cough in the morning for a number of years. My cough always sounds the same and has been a constant source of annoyance for my partner and kids because it will wake them up every day. My other symptons are occasional wheezing and a tight feeling in my chest at times. I also always have thick saliva and over the last couple of days have had tinges of red in my saliva first thing in the morning. As the day progresses I check my saliva and it is always clear. I have been to the doctor recently and they have given me a physical examination which involved checking my chest and back with a stethoscope and taking my blood pressure and checking my oxygen levels which have all come back as normal and she couldn't find anything unusual. I am waiting on the results of my blood tests and have been sent for a chest xray but just wanted some advice on what could be wrong with me. Thanks Ewan

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.