Astigmatism glasses issue

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I want to mention that I have never worn corrective glasses before.

In 2021, I had an eye examination where I was prescribed glasses to use only for distance vision. The parameters are as follows:

Right eye:

Sphere: -

Cylinder: -0.75

Axis: 105⁰

Left eye:

Sphere: -

Cylinder: -0.75

Axis: 80⁰

I didn't get these glasses because the eye doctor told me they were optional, mainly for better distance vision while driving, but I feel that my vision while driving is already good enough.

Recently, due to eye strain, I had another eye examination with a different doctor, and they prescribed me glasses with the following values:

Right eye:

Sphere: -0.5

Cylinder: +1.25

Axis: 5⁰

Left eye:

Sphere: -0.75

Cylinder: +1.5

Axis: 170⁰

This time, I decided to buy the glasses and started using them.

After more than 2 weeks of using the new glasses, every time I take them off, my vision seems worse than it was before using them. Additionally, it takes me between 1 to 2 days to restore my vision without glasses to how it was before purchasing them. Is this normal?

Furthermore, I have managed to adapt to seeing both near and far with the glasses, but when I am in motion, I see blurred and strange images, and I have not yet adjusted to this.

Comparing this prescription with the one from 2021, I am beginning to doubt if the current prescription is too strong.

In any case, my main problem is that my vision is blurry when I take off the glasses, and it continues to be blurry for the next 2 days. Without glasses, my vision is ok, I can do most of activities. The glasses would be useful for when I work on the PC or watch TV. Otherwise, I see well enough.

So, I don't understand why I can't simply take them off and have my usual vision back. I have to wait for a full 2 days to see clearly again without glasses. Is this normal? I understand that it may be challenging to adapt to glasses for astigmatism, but waiting for 2 days to regain my previous vision without glasses seems weird.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.