Asymetrical face / cheeks (probably due to wisdom teeth removal)

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have noticed a few months / a year ago that my face does not look symmetrical.

Indeed my right side cheek looks swollen, bigger than the left side's one. When I contract my right cheeks muscles I can see that the shape of the muscle is not normal, there is like a bump on the top of the cheek.

That's not so easy to explain, so if you would need a picture to understand better I can add one to this post.

Anyway, to enter more in the details. First it's not painful, I don't feel any pain. Secondly I think the cause might be a wisdom teeth removal, I got them removed (all of them, 4 in total, 2 by 2) about 4 years ago and this is more or less the moment when I started to notice the problem. Some other external factors make my right cheeks looks bigger, for example I notice it more when I am stressed / or - and tired.

I am aware that it could be worse but it's definitely not aesthetic and that bothers me more and more.

I am considering visiting a facial surgeon as soon as possible but I would first like to get some opinions of experts about it.

(I just joined the forum and don't really in which group should my post fit)

Thank you all for your help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.