Asymptomatic symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my first coldsore, but was in denial about it because it wasn't very characteristic of herpes. after it turned into a scab and flaked off i had sex with someone who kissed me then gave me oral sex.

A few weeks later he got a Zit on his shaft and didn't go to the doctor about it, but it has made me feel worried i could have contracted herpes and am asymptomatic?

TL;DR, Turns out i also had a yeast infection at the time, and chlamydia. For men yeast infections can cause papules on their penis. what are some symptoms of genital herpes without ulcers or blisters? I'm worried that he may have contracted it and i just don't show symptoms but here in Canada doctors wont test me unless i have an outbreak.

It's making me want to abstain from sex forever for fear of giving it to someone even though i dont even know if i have it. could he have gotten it and i didnt? Please share your thoughts!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The best thing to do is go have a blood test. Make sure its the IGg blood test. it gives the most accurate results.

• Posted

But that would just tell me if i have HSV1 or 2, not whether it is oral or genital right?

• Posted

hsv1 is oral and hsv2 is genital. the test will tell you

• Posted

well that's incorrect you can have either strain in either place. so you cant rule it out just because its HSV1

• Posted

so your thinking he had herpes (genital) and gave it to you? tell the doctors about your cold sore and that should be considered an outbreak no?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.