At 59 feeling worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

get up in night alot but just dribbles as feels my bladder is full,weeing more during day lso

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had BPH symptoms for years: getting up at night usually 3 times, frequency during the day, dribbling, Prior to visiting a urologist, I had an ultrsound on bladder, kidneys, and prostate and a PSA test and had been on Flomax (not very effective). Afte a DE and reviewing all the info, he concluded that my sleep issues and high fluid intake had a lot to do with my symptoms as well as bladder issues and bph. He said surgery probably wouldn't benefit me much; nor would drugs. I tried to  tell my GP that besides bph, I had other issues but he just said it's bph period. I was somewhat relieved when the urologist concurred with somee of my thoughts. I would suggest you ask your Dr for an ultrasound, PSA test, and a referral to a urologist. Flomax may help you relax the muscles so you can pee better.

• Posted

Peter, go get a psa test ( blood test ) and then the medicine he can prescribe is flowmax but READ SIDE EFFECT !!!!!!

I had a high psa for my age 51 and I went and had PAE done and my psa droped from an 8 to a 2.89 in 30 days. 

This procedure is done by a radiologist not a urologist. Read my forum davidha and it will explain.

• Posted

Here's the best advice you will get... start self cathing until ya get it figured out. Safe, easy and 100% emptiness of the bladder. A very slight inconvenience but it allows you to live your life to the fullest! With the compacts you can take them anywhere right in your pocket and nobody has a clue! As I am doing this very moment while visiting family in Texas! Took grandkids to the movies and bowling today, went to the rodeo and fair in Austin yesterday and of course having that home brew made by my son in law!! Thank God these are in existence. Key... use the compacts!

• Posted

have since been to Doctors and on course of antibiotics they found an infection in my urine hope this cures problem thanks guys

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.