At a loss

Posted , 8 users are following.

I recently posted about my symptoms l had pins needles muscle cramps and twitching and very stiff leg muscles (spasicity) l was worried about ms but after seeing neurologist and having physical exam as well as brain and neck mri he can see no signs of MS thankfully. Rheumy tested me for fibro ie pressure points and said l dont have it. I have had sjogrens for 14is years and these are new symptoms im not even sure if it is sjogrens causing it. Also my feet burn and throb of a night for which ive been prescribed gabapentin. Any input would be appreciated thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine, I don't have a diagnosis of anything,although I have every symptom of Sjorgen's and often have the symptoms you describe too.  I drink rehydration drinks that are meant to replace electrolytes, salts etc and I think it certainly helps to ease the symptoms.

• Posted

Its horrible not knowing. I also have lupus and PBC so lots going on l now fill a hot water bottle with cold water and put it in the freezer and put my feet on it of a night (the hot water bottle not the freezer 😂wink it really does help.

• Posted

I have kind of come to terms with not having an answer, it took a long time though!

I'm glad you don't have to resort to putting on the freezer at night eeklol . I hope you find some comfort that works for you, I've just recently had a bout of really restless legs that have driven me crazy at nights.  I was given gabapentin too but had to stop it as it was making me feel so ill it was worse than the constant pins and needles.

• Posted

Its horrible not knowing. I also have lupus and PBC so lots going on l now fill a hot water bottle with cold water and put it in the freezer and put my feet on it of a night (the hot water bottle not the freezer 😂wink it really does help.

• Posted

I have SS and pains in my feet is what brought me to the MD. It is definitely worse at night. There are nights where I sleep maybe 2 hrs.  Soaking in warm water does make it feel better. There have been times where I sit with my feet in a spa tub, and sleep sitting up! Also creams with lidocaine 4% help, like Aspercreme. I also have tried frankincense and muhr in coconut oil. 
  • Posted

When my feet and lower legs hurt in the evening I put a pair of compression socks on and that seems to help some.

The Gabapentin that you're taking is to treat radiating pain and I don't think your symptoms are what I know about radiating pain. If it is just your feet and not your lower leg then I'm wondering if it's not plantar fasciitis. You might try getting a new pair of good supporting shoes (my podiatrist recommended New Balance) and you should also buy some inserts for those shoes. You want an insert that will give you good arch support. And then don't walk around barefoot or in flat sandals. You want to always make sure you have good arch support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.