At a total loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my hospital visit and a pulp removed got to go back see consultant end next month, the surgeon told me to cut out all dairy as I was bloated all day every day, I cut out milk cheese yougert cream, all been replaced with goat products, all bloating gone, but I am still very worried , first my tummy still don't feel good everyday it is like a tummy upset, seen my local doctor who was no help he just told me that their was nothing more he could do for me but told me to take paracetamol,

My second fear is my weight in 10 weeks I have from 60 to 40 that's 9 and halfstone to nearly 7 it is a rapid weight loss I'm on no diet am eating like normal but still my weight won't stop going down, its that bad I can't bear to look at my body in the mirror I've even gone down from a size 14 to a 8

I've mentioned this loss to doctor but nothing, I will bring it up again when see consultant.

I don't know how to make tummy better or stop the weight loss any ideas advice or help would be very helpful to me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are that doesnt sound good have you had a colonoscopy

You need referring to speciist

Also weight loss could be caused by anxiety l lost weight before diagnosis x

• Posted

I have lost weight but i needed to. My tummy feels off most of the time I try just to get on with it but someday I get really low. My consultant just gave me a website for wind and told me to come back in 5 years and he discharged me back to GP who is doing everything he can to help me But I feel GP just doesn't know what to do I am paying to see a different consultant this Friday in the hope he can help me Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I lost weight but only a few lbs. I can't believe your doctor said losing that much is ok. Get another opinion.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice I went to see a different doctor who said the daily uncomfortable tummy pain is my muscles retracting, I at a guess think she mean spasms, some days not to bad others well its not like a flare up but mmy tummy feels full and hard sometimes like butterflies I find I can't get out of my own way and need a lay down through the day anything between once to three times, I been prescribed alverine but find I need to top it up with paracetamol add a hot water bottle. Walking helps they removed a pulp and said I have min diverticulitis, if this is min I don't want bad, I have to go back to hospital on 20th to find out what their lab has found I personnelly think after all the poke and prods are are left on your own to just get on with it, which is no help at all, the thought of a life time of this is to much to bare

• Posted

Heat does help. Relax and eat light. You're going to be fine. You just have to be careful what you eat.😘Good luck. Hope you get good results.

• Posted

Well things are changing they have now found ad normalities in my liver my consultant told my doctor to put me on 21 days worth of antibiotics called co amoxiclav I have lower back pain with this I can't bend down low enough to get my jeans off because the side pain will kick in, can't streach or pick up a shopping basket for much time that shop assistant do it for me, in two months I have not had one normal good day, it's their all the time just pain in different strengths I'm tired have a lay down up to 3 times a day I just want a normal day and my life back, doctor trying to get me into a scan now, it gets me down low, doc wanted to give me co coldamol pain killers but in end said no as could bung me up so on paracetamol,

• Posted

That's the medication they give me when I have a bad flare Also wanted me to go co codamole for my arthritis but I said no didn't want to get bunged up. Hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.