at end of tether

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have c4 to c7 disc prolapse i had a second epidural five weeks ago and since then ive had severe lower back pain and no relief from the injection which worked great for a few months the first time.I feel cold all the time and dizzy my back feels hot all the time and I have no appetite i cannot stand this pain any longer i have spondylisis for over 20 years but feel like i have an infection or something.I went to the docter 2 weeks ago and he prescribed lyrica which i am scared to take so just take codiene 30 mg.I cannot enjoy anything and feel depressed all the time can any one help.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You shouldn't have low back pain after a cervical epidural steroid injection. If you feel cold but your back feels hot and you have persistent pain you may have an infection in your back or neck. You should go to see your family doctor or the team who did your epidural. Spinal infections are very serious. Get it checked out so they can rule it out, or treat it. 

• Posted

Thanks im in the hospital now and they have done my bloods and a mri so they would know from that surely
    • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies been diagnosed with degenereterive disc disease.

Least I know whats wrong with me now and have no new herniations.

• Posted

Hi Michelle. So what had you been diagnosed with before this most recent diagnoses. What treatment options are there for degerative disc disease? Do they have any idea of the cause or is it just wear and tear? Hugs to you.

• Posted

I have that mine is hereditary. You do see that in age 50+ but some it can happen early in my case 36 on wards . Pain management and if extreme operations not all lot you can do to change diagnosis, no special diet or exercise regimen. But always drink plenty water keep your muscles supple and helps detox yr body xx
    • Posted

Hi jessica thanks for your reply just gave me tramadol and lyrica which the lyrica made me very ill and I vomited. I am 53 i feel sorry for you at 36 with this painful condition.I am waiting for my neurosurgeon appointment and keep hydrated as you adviced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.