At last!

Posted , 4 users are following.

in February of this year I had my DLA Withdrawn after an assessment for the new PIP.  . I decided to fight what had be written about me.  Mainly that I can walk, unaided for 200 yards, I WISH!   Anyway on Friday I went to a tribunal and won!   Have full mobility back and some care which is what I had with DLA.   I just hope that more people will fight.   I am feeling very happy & relievedl after all the stress.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well done chrissy, I am waiting my decision right now and fully expect to lose my higher rate mobility. I will appeal for one thing my assessment concentrated on the things I can do and avoided the one thing I really cannot do, that is get from A to B and be able to do anything once I get there unless I have my own transport.

​This whole sorry affair is humiliating and the last thing I need as my condition is being made more difficult to cope with by age.

​I fear PIP will actually take my independence away!

• Posted

I was the same.  There was no mention of my polio & how it affected me when the first report was made.  When I went to the tribunal the person representing the DW&P was reading & listening to me and was "tutting" he was not impressed how I was treated, but so are 10,000s of others.  

Good luck in your appeal.

• Posted

Hi Chrissy, may I ask are you walking? Was much said about the 20 yard limit? I am walking with two calipers and crutches and can do more than 20 yds but what else can you do once you've gone 20yds like this!!

• Posted

I walk with a crutch but use a wheelchair more & more due to pain.  I told the truth & they listened.  I would encourage anyone to take someone with you,who knows you & your condition,  to give you moral support & to speak up if you find talking difficult about your condition.

• Posted

Well done Chrissy! It's such a shame you had to go to tribunal to get what you need though...I feel for those less able to cope with a tribunal hearing. I'm awaiting the dreaded PIP application dropping through my door anytime soon. I have no idea how I would manage without my car now. My partner has just had her application through, her disability is her mental health, so I'm so concerned for her. I can't tell you how pleased I am for you though! Brilliant news, now  go and enjoy those wheels!! xx

• Posted

Thank you for your message.   I am rather excited.  We now have to order the car and sell the one we had to buy.  It is such a relief to have a reliable car.  I hope your partner gets their  PIP, also you when the time comes.
    • Posted

Thank you Chrissy, I hope all goes smoothly when you order your new car, and that you enjoy many miles of joyful motoring!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.