At last

Posted , 10 users are following.

Today I told my knee (14 days post tkr) to raise, guess what it did !! to say I am gob smacked is a total understatement. 

My scar and the area around it is hypersensitive even sheets on it are agony, it feels scalded. any ideas anyone? how did you all cope with it ?it seems every day brings some new torture !!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know exactly the sensation you are talking about Dotty. For 3 weeks after my surgery I could not let even a sheet touch my knee. I found that keeping the sheet off of it and putting a fan on low directed at the knee worked wonderfully! I began to massage the area around my incision with lotion after 3 weeks. I was glued, no staples. The massaging helped ease the burning sensation and I was able to tolerate the sheet after just 3 days of this. I'm 4 weeks now and am wearing leggins. I still have numbness on the outer side of the knee but my therapist says this can last months. I'm jot complaining as numb means no pain in that area! Hang in there. Pain meds at night, don't forget those!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.